Hey gang- I need to hire incredible people for two jobs – E-Mail Marketing Manager (Director? Guru, Sherpa, Chef, Whatever you want your title to be) and a Social Media Manager (Kingpin, Godfather, Snoop Lion, whatevs…) at Karmaloop.com – the world leader in urban and skate wear. Those positions are both located in Boston (next to the Public Garden…sweet spot…) You will have an awesome boss (me), and an amazing, once in a lifetime work experience.
E-Mail Marketing Manager:
We are looking for an experienced Email Marketing Manager, E-Commerce, to join our team. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing extensive and dynamic email marketing programs across a portfolio of different brands. The position calls for a strategic e-commerce marketer who can independently manage multiple campaigns and programs simultaneously, optimizing the customer segmentation for each.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, plan and execute comprehensive marketing strategies with specific goals for e-Commerce.
- Plan for growth of CRM email programs, identifying new opportunities to improve ROI through new products and/or improved contact strategies.
- Ensure quality execution of regular CRM communications, newsletters, and campaigns while driving new customer activation, retention and loyalty programs
- Continually test and refine with an eye toward increased revenue and/or engagement
- Improve brand recognition, customer acquisition, and conversion.
- Refine marketing segmentation strategy within specific member bases and across the portfolio
- Understand and communicate business trends and program performance to senior management team
- Sponsor cross-functional CRM projects while maintaining good relationships with stakeholders from editorial, sales, product, design and marketing.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of current business policies/procedures and operations while determining optimal program execution methods.
- Oversee policies that run across initiatives
- Oversee internal email, member, and reporting systems
- Work with a proprietary email platform and mailing system
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in email marketing, running large, complex email programs
- Bachelors degree required, MBA with a focus on marketing preferred
- E-Commerce and/or merchandising experience preferred
- Experience integrating email with social media, search, and other channels.
- Strategic thinker with experience planning and implementing new marketing programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization, and time-management skills
- Comfort with proprietary systems vs. outsourcing; ability to write specs a plus
- Strong analytic capabilities required, both quantitative and qualitative
- Skill managing both the big picture and fine details
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor preferred
Social Media Leader – OK so this is fuzzier…I need someone who is strategic, has an advertising mindset, but is totally enmeshed in ALL the socials…need to understand what Boy George was talking about when he sang, “I’ll tumblr for ya…”, you need to know how to maximize video through social, you need to know where social marketing is headed next. Facebook posts, Twitter posts, yeah, we’ve got that covered. I need someone to create a business through social across 5 brands, with awesome, talented, excited passionate folks working with them. You know how to drive engagement, passion and joy. We give our Karmakids the tools to be themselves. And you help us bring the brand that our customers love to them in all the ways that are closest to them. You’ll understand the concern over Facebook mobile, and the opportunity in Instagram, and probably know why Ning didn’t rock the world. Does Zuck want to know what you think, and does Biz check out your blog for great ideas? Then I prolly wanna hire you.